Monday, 21 January 2013

Contextual studies.


I enjoyed watching cartoons as a child and still do. The ideas for kids programs now seam over the top complicated and tense. I like the simple ideas and values.


Nu Pogodi!



The firs episode for this cartoon came out 1969 from Soyuzmultfilm. Directors: Vyacheslav Kotyonochkin, Vladimir Tarasov, Aleksey Kotyonochkin.
There is this old cartoon 'Nu Pogodi' which means - 'Well, just you wait'. As my country used to be part of Soviet Union it is no wonder I know this cartoon very well. I like the style and simplicity of the story line. The kind of shannigans they get into have been taken from real life. The wolf is always smoking and rabbit has incredible luck at all times. The series has similarity's to Disney's 'Tom and Jerry' 





Tom and Jerry




By William Hanna and Joseph Barbera 1940-1972 for MGM (Metro Goldwyn Mayer).
Of course 'Tom and Jerry' is one of my favorite cartoons. Characters move so smoothly and overall it is well executed animation with simple concepts.







Futurama



For couple of years the whole family of mine used to watch episode or two of 'Futurama' by Matt Goening and David X. Cohen, every evening. The series were created for the Fox Brodcasting Company.
I have taken for granted how much work has been put into there. The new series are bit more boring than the previous ones.



   

Avatar


Avatar written and directed by James Cameron for 20th Century Fox, in 2009, is brilliant movie with story line that is captivating. The animation work done in it is breathe taking. I am a sucker for beautiful clear views. 



No comments:

Post a Comment